cancel
bttran Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Card + Audio Not Showing - HP ENVY 15t-j100 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

HP ENVY 15t-j100 Quad Edition
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP ENVY 15t-j100 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) with the serial number [Personal Information Removed]. After updating to Windows 10 a while (years? right when it was released) ago, I noticed that my Beats audio stopped working and I have a Nvidia GEFORCE sticker on my laptop so I'm assuming that stopped working as well because the only graphics that it shows that it's using is the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and doesn't even list Nvidia. I know my Beats used to work, but I haven't cared to fix it until now. I'm not entirely positive if I should have Nvidia or not, but I'm assuming so simply because of the sticker that came with the laptop. 

I've fixed the Beats audio before but it disappears after a while so I'm looking for a more permanent fix. As for the graphics card, I've tried looking up the computer and tried installing the Nvidia driver for it here but it tells me that it can't install it.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 483 925
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics Card + Audio Not Showing - HP ENVY 15t-j100 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

Hi @bttran

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums, 

I see you are looking to get a fix for the Beats Audio control panel and Nvida Graphics driver after upgrading to Windows 10. I would like to assist. 

Based on the parts avilable for you computer, Nvidia is not listed in the parts used. This indicatest that the computer did not come with Nvidia graphics. Please click here to check the avilable parts for this model. 

For your other concern with Beat Audio, recommend you to install the file suggested in this older HP Forum post

Hope this answered your concern, please do reply for further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation