Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15ba010nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.
I bought this laptop almost 2 years before and I want to ask a simple question.Where is the drivers for R7 M440?
The Graphics card(R7 M440) does not work as I intended and even tho AMD's drivers lags soo much comparing to HP's drivers.
Fİrst,Its name wont show up on no game and dxdiag.I can only check its name on msinfo32 and it says R8 M445DX which is combination of R5 and R7.
Games only detects 1/8 of the R7 M440 and all of the R5 Graphics which is 512MB (1GB total)
Why this happens and how can I fix this?Buying a new computer is not a option.I can't afford it and the affordables are worst than this laptop in specs.
And I don't want to switch to Desktop because of portability.So what should I do now?
Windows 10 1803 lags so I use 1607 which is older and I want to use the new features of 1807 which will come next and after months there is no drivers for 1803 already.
Edit: Laptop is HP 15-ba010nt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The problem solved after I updated to 1903.It isn't laggy anymore and even without making tweaks, games run smoothly.

But it will be cool if we get an update about the graphics card because a lot of new stuff realased for other AMD GPUs (like ReLive, AMD Link etc.).

Thanks for your help but I will not close it right now, need to apply some tweaks and then if nothing bad shows up, I will check this as fixed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@TheHaltroy,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I wanted to reach out to you and help! 

You can download the graphics driver for your computer from the below link and test.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78246.exe

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if the issue is resolved.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp91001-91500/sp91389.exe

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello.
The linked driver is too outdated for Wİndows 10 1803 and my BIOS is already up-to-date.And even the latest one in HP Support page does not works with that version too.
I installed the driver from AMD but it also lags but not same as the HP's driver.But it still lags so bad.
I tried that version before and it gave an error and crashed while installing.
The latest version of the driver is realased in 2017 and today is May 19 ,2019.Where is the latest driver?
Also, I got a notification about Radeon ReLive but I can't manage to use it properly even tho I set things up after I recevied that notification.
So,If there will be a new driver then I will be happy.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@TheHaltroy

Reset the computer.

Refer the steps in this HP document for the steps to reset:- Click here

Update the Windows

1. In Windows, search for and open Windows Update settings.

2. Click Check for updates.

If there are any available updates, they begin installing automatically.

3. After the updates install, restart your computer, if necessary.

Install the graphics card driver from HP website:- Click here

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi.

I already did a factory reset and updated the Windows 10 again to same version (1803) and it was up to date and the problem is with the update.

The latest driver available to this hardware (on HP Driver Download Page) is made for 1703 and there is no graphics driver for 1803 and the latest one is not compatible with 1803.

I just want to use the new verison without having a problem. Now I'm stuck in 1703 until a new driver which is compatible with 1803 realases.

Let me tell what is up to date and what is not:

-Windows 10 => currently not updated, 1703

-Graphics Drivers => according to HP it is up to date but according to AMD it is not

-BIOS => up to date

-Other drivers => up to date

-Windows 10 - Updates => no update available

The mesaage is clear, update the driver to 1803 or this computer becomes a trash in following days because Microsoft pulls the support for older versions of Windows 10,not just XP or Vista.

HP Recommended

@TheHaltroy

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose this issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with tech support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

The problem solved after I updated to 1903.It isn't laggy anymore and even without making tweaks, games run smoothly.

But it will be cool if we get an update about the graphics card because a lot of new stuff realased for other AMD GPUs (like ReLive, AMD Link etc.).

Thanks for your help but I will not close it right now, need to apply some tweaks and then if nothing bad shows up, I will check this as fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.