karan1992
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Graphics card not detecting

pavilion dv6-6b58sa
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have installed windows 7(64bit) on my laptop and while installing the graphics driver i am facing the problem the graphics card is not getting detected even after installing the amd driver. The graphics card is not getting displayed on the device manager screen also as it was getting displayed before in my windows 7. I have the graphics card of AMD Radeon HD 6490. 

please help 

4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 433
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @karan1992,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with video card not being seen. I will be glad to help you.

The video card should be showing even if the drivers are not installed.  Look for an unknown device.  If not listed there is a hardware issue with the cables or the video card.

See the Maintenance and Service Guide.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
karan1992
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Tardis40,

sir your solution didnt helped me i tried to install the driver again now it is showing the graphics card in the display adapters,but after the installation of the drivers when i restart my laptop is gets hanged on the start up when the windwos logo appears and then i have to go to the safe mode to disable the graphics card to run my laptop in the normal mode earlier the intel (R)HD graphics was working but now it is also showing the message that.

DEVICE STATUS for intel (R)HD graphics  

[Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)] 

and i had to disable my graphics card to run my laptop in the normal mode.

PLEASE HELP...

i am facing a lot of problem as it is affecting my work...

0 Kudos
karan1992
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

problem.jpg

Hi@Tardis40

as u can see now this is what i have to do to run my laptop in normal mode and now the inter (R) HD graphics crad is also showing the problem

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 433
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @karan1992,

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation