Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was using my webcam on Discord and after around a 1h gap of not using it when I turned it back on there was a strong green tint on the video especially on the edges. I restarted my laptop and updated my BIOS drivers but the issue still remains and is the same regardless of the application I am using. I also noticed that this issue has happened with others before however they were posts from before 2017 and so some of the solutions/links don't seem to work now. A prompt reply would be great as I require the webcam for all the online conferences that will occur, a temporary solution would do as well!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@perihelions Welcome to HP Community!

As I understand there's a green tint on the camera,

While some degree of Green tint may be present under low light conditions, turning off the webcam IR lights will reduce and in certain cases eliminate the purple tint.

1. Select Start > All Programs > HP > HP MediaSmart > HP MediaSmart Webcam.

2. In HP MediaSmart Webcam, select Settings > Display > Advanced Settings, and then click the Camera Control tab.

3. Select the Low Light Compensation check box, and then click Apply.

4. Click OK.

NOTE:

Disabling the webcam IR lights will cause display images to appear darker in low and zero light conditions. The webcam IR lights are also available on other webcam programs. Refer to the software Help for additional information.

If adjusting the Low Light Compensation settings does not fix the green tint of the webcam please contact HP for further assistance..

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Web cam on my HP Pavillion 15-cc195cl was perfect until a couple weeks ago, then started showing green tint.  This is the same regardless of app, and regardless of room lighting.   I have updated drivers and Windows 10.  The help instructions provided for the recent question here on this same problem say to go to All Programs and then HP -> HP  Media Smart -> HP  Media Smart Camera, but these things are not in the programs menu on my computer as far as I can see.  When I open the camera in the devices menu it says it is working properly and has most up to date drivers.  When I try to contact HP help I am directed to a virtual assistant who can't help.   When I try again to contact HP, I am informed that my warranty is up (yes I knew that!)  and given no way to contact anyone for assistance.  Would appreciate help on this!

HP Recommended

@RKC90

Welcome to the HP support community.

You might need to uninstall the webcam driver.

To do this, open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on the Uninstall Device button.

Restart your computer and then open Device Manager again and click on Action > Scan for hardware changes. (this would automatically reinstall the best drivers for it)

Once done, I suggest you install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

1. Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
  2. Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
  3. Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm experiencing the same thing on a 15-cc023cl.  I also do not have the HP camera software since I replaced the harddrive and had to do a fresh install of Windows 10.

Other steps I have done:

• Searched for Windows Updates
  • Updated to latest BIOS
  • Uninstalled camera from Device Manager and scanned for hardware changes

The green tint remains.  Is there a place to download the HP webcam software?  I'd like to try if those settings would resolve the issue.

HP Recommended

@RKC90

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad, I installed HP Support Assistant and it does not install any webcam software.  Can I download this separately?  I'd like to try the settings mentioned earlier in this thread to see if it resolves the issue.

HP Recommended

@MugenPower

You could try the settings suggested by @praveen196 and also try reinstalling the Web Cam driver from Device Manager

But if the issue persists please perform a Reset and let me know if that helps

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

KrazyToad, that's what I'm saying, I don't have that program since I had to do a fresh install of Windows on a new SSD.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the webcam driver but it doesn't come with the HP webcam software.  I installed and ran the HP Support Assistant as well and it doesn't provide a download for the HP webcam software.

HP Recommended

May I know how did you install Windows? Did you use the HP Recovery Media?

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.