Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 11

I was away from my HP Envy x360 computer for a while, and it died while I was gone. When I booted it back up the grey camera icon that usually appears when you turn your camera on was stuck in place. I restarted twice, nothing changed. I began looking through solved questions similar to mine on the forum, but none of them led to the solution. I have also experienced issues alongside this: touchscreen is broken, built-in camera can't be detected, and overall performance seems to be notably decreased. I figured, after some research, that the cause of much of this is that my webcam driver simply wasn't installed. However, neither my manufacturer's site (intel) or my settings had it in my list of required or optional updates. Nonetheless, with my lack of technological knowledge, I installed everything. After restarting my computer a few more times, the issue is still present.

flamsies_0-1642904636801.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@flamsies

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting webcam issue, I am glad to assist you.

You might need to uninstall the webcam driver.

To do this, open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on the Uninstall Device button.

Restart your computer and then open Device Manager again and click on Action > Scan for hardware changes. (this would automatically reinstall the best drivers for it)

Once done, I suggest you install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

1. Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
  2. Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
  3. Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.