Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24m 23.8-inch Display
Other

I was wondering how I would turn off HDCP on the monitor I’m using I don’t even know if I can or not since there is HDMI HDCP support I’m wanting to turn it off because I want to record on my gaming console 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Joe3576,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand that you would like to enable HDCP Support to record your game. This monitor is compatible with HDCP support, however, those settings can be changed using the graphic driver application (Intel /AMD Radeon /Nvidia) depending on your PC configuration. 

Reference Image:

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don’t have a PC I have a laptop and I don’t have a AMD drive I have a nvidia drive and a intel drive both of my Drives. are powerful enough to record when I was recording on my device for a month and my recordings froze. I changed every possible setting you could think of nothing worked and when I re input the signal. I would get no picture but audio now there’s nothing and one day when I was recording my elgato flashed red. Every dot lit up when I looked up why it was doing that it was because of it sensed another signal and I only. Have my hdmi connected to my switch and my monitor through my elgato with my usb to my laptop so I suspended that it was HDCP protection I know that on the elgato company it said if your PlayStation has HDCP.  On it turn it off and I know that the recording device I’m using already has HDCP and since the monitor has…. (HDCP it could be bouncing off of each other and making the signal smaller) 

Please contact me as soon as you can 

HP Recommended

@Joe3576

Thank you for your response, 

Please follow the below steps:

• From the NVIDIA Control Panel navigate to display under Display, click View HDCP Status to open the associated page. 
  • Select the icon representing the display that you want to verify is HDCP-capable. The page shows one of three possible results: This display supports HDCP.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.