Mubashiir Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HDMI - INVALID Format error on TV

HP ENVY 15m-bp100 x360 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have recently purchased a HP Envy x360 convertible 15m-bp0xx with windows 10 home 64, i have tried to connect my laptop with my samsung and TCL TV both TV have no issue connecting with my other laptop HP probook G450 but not with this HP Envy x360 it always give invalid format error, check resolution, i have changed all resolutions modes but it still doesnot work, i am not sure if it is the HDMI driver issue or what.. i need help 

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10792 572 735
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

HDMI - INVALID Format error on TV

@Mubashiir

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are having issues connecting your notebook to the TV. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

When did this issue start?

Did you do any hardware or software changes?

Meanwhile

Please update the bios, chipset and audio and video drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers  and select the country and follow the on-screen instructions

For further assistance please try all the relevant steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-13-a000-x360-convertible-pc/6936239/model/7241884/d...  for troubleshooting HDMI issues.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshootingsteps.

Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation