Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
AbdulHazari Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI Issue : HP Pavilion Notebook - 14-ab167us (ENERGY STAR)

pavilion Notebook - 14-ab167us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Team,

I have bought my laptop HP- Pavilion Notebook - 14-ab167us (ENERGY STAR) beofre 4 months.  I use it for my official purposes. The part of my work is connect my pc to conference room pcs to display in LCD screen.

But from last 1 month, when I am connecting via HDMI1 port, the screen flicks in an interval. Its very weird for my work. I checked with other frinds laptop and their laptop was running fine. This concludes that there is no issue with the conference room PC.

Could you please help me with the issue if any driver issue then please suggest me ?

Otherwise please guide me how I can change my pc. I am fade up now with the issue during work .

Regards,

Abdul Hazari

3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @AbdulHazari,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand that you are having an issue with the HDMI port, and wanted to assist you!

Did you install any updates recently?  Have you tried performing a System Restore, to set the notebook back to its previous working state?  Also, have you tried updating the Graphics, BIOS, and Chipset drivers?  You can find drivers for your product here: 

Drivers - HP Pavilion Notebook - 14-ab167us (ENERGY STAR)

You can also try reviewing the following document.  Please post back with the results: 

HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
AbdulHazari Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Team,

Thanks for providing the solution.

Today I tried and updated the drivers suggested by you but stil the problem persists.

I have not done the hardreset activity as it will erase all my installed s/w s and it will be a pain to me. Is there any way I can do hardreset without hampering my installed sws ?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Abdul Hazari

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @AbdulHazari,

Thank you for the reply!

I did not ask you to erase your files, and installed software.  I asked you to try the System Restore.  System Restore is a software program available in all versions of Windows 10 and Windows 8. System Restore automatically creates restore points, a memory of the system files and settings on the computer at a particular point in time. You can also create a restore point yourself. Then, when you use System Restore to restore your computer to a point in time before an issue began, System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.

You can also undo a System Restore if the restore does not resolve the issue or if the issue becomes worse.

Source: HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 8)

Also, did you try the document mentioned in my previous post?  Looking forward to your reply.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation