jsb24 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI PORT NOT WORKING

PAVILION G4

Hi guys, new here. I recently purchased a used HP Pavilion G4 from a friend and tried to plug it into the TV using e HDMI port. When I plug in the HDMI port the computer doesn't say or even recognize that there is a cord plugged into it. The tv also shows no signal. I think it is a driver issue, that a driver isn't installed on the computer. But I have no idea what driver to install. Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
14461 711 1896
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HDMI PORT NOT WORKING

Hi @jsb24,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member.  It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you   to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting.:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More 

What is your precise model of HP Pavilion G4 notebook?

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

What operating system are you running?

Have you tried running the HP Support Assistant  to aid with any recommended driver updates?

Do you know if your friend made any hardware changes to the notebook? Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?  Does the TV connect via HDMI to another computer without issue?

I will wait for your reply. 

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation