Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook-15-ay089tu
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HDMI connection showing some device driver issue

not able to run brand new laptop with Windows 8.1 Pro

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

W8.1 is not a supported operating system for that model.

Only W10 64 bit and W7 64 bit are supported.

Most likely if the HDMI port isn't working then you need to install the W8.1 graphics driver (which does not exist on your notebook's support page).

So, try this W8.1 graphics driver from a similarly equipped HP business notebook...

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72651.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Sir,

I downloaded the driver from the link as suggested and installed it.

i restarted the system and tried to connect HDMI connection, but it is not working.

please help me, i purchasinga new laptop i am struggling to make it work.

i didn't knowing before purchase that this product will work with W8.

HP Recommended

Hi:

If the driver I posted didn't work, unfortunately, I don't know what you can do.

When you go to the device manager and click to expand the display adapters device manager category, do you see an Intel HD graphics adapter showing up there, or a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter?

If you see a Microsoft Basic Display adapter, that means the Intel graphics driver didn't work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.