Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (136 Views)

HDMI output not working.

Product Name: HP 14r-003la
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi there guys!

Im having an issue with the HDMI output of  my laptop. Model is HP 14r-003la, was purchased 10 months ago and it came with WIN8.1.

I installed windows 7 Ultimate 64bits a couple weeks ago, and after the windows update process retreived all the needed packages , I verified this issue started.

So, I tried to download the video driver from the HP website, but when trying to install it, says "your computer does not meet the minimum requirements". The OS has Service Pack 1 installed.

I did not find any other post with the same issue. Video is working, but the HDMI output is the problem here.

Would appretiate some help on it. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (101 Views)

Re: HDMI output not working.

Hey @Gabo-669

I  wanted to reach out to not just help you, but also say welcome! I understand that you downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 and have an issue with the HDMI. You also mentioned that when you try to download drivers you are receiving an error message. 

Generally speaking, the your computer does not meet the minimum requirements error message might occur for the following reasons:

• You have the wrong driver.
  • The driver and the OS version do not match. You cannot install a 64-bit driver on a 32-bit Operation System.

You would need to download the updated chipset driver and the Intel graphics driver to get rid of the "Your system does not meet the minimum requirements" error message.  

Please uninstall the graphics driver that you currently have installed and then restart your Notebook twice. Then in the properties of the graphics driver the Notebook auto populates, please check which version you have installed. 

You can do updates in a few ways. You can use Windows Update, the HP Support Assistant and the Device Manager to update all of the drivers that need updating automatically. Your other option would be to download the updates from the website and apply them manually. Here is the HP 14-r003la Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads page, there are both chipset drivers and graphics drivers available. They would both need to be Intel and updated to the most recent version.

HDMI Troubleshooting

Did you see if the HDMI was listed in the Digital Output Device?

Here is a document for you called Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues. It has three different sections that you can use for troubleshooting: 

Could you please run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter first. The troubleshooter will help find and fix HDMI issues. 

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
  • Select Troubleshooting.
  • Select View all on the top left corner.
  • Click on Hardware and Devices.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
  • Check if the issue persists.

If this reply helped, please use the Accept as Solution button. If you want to give me a virtual high five, please click the Thumbs Up icon below. 

Please let me know what the results of the suggestions above are. 

Thanks for joining in!

Have a good one Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation