Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

II just purchased the HP Omen and i wanted to extend my laptop screen onto my TV but when i plug my HDMI cable into the TV it doesn't display anything and just says "no signal". I have tried three different HDMI cables and i know they work as i used them for my xbox and i have used my sisters laptop and when I plug hers in it works fine. I dont know much about why it isn't working i have changed the projection and it still isnt working.

I have been looking at the forums for hours and i can't find a solution I dont know if my drivers are outdated but i went to the support and put in my product number and it doesnt say it requires any update so I am not sure why the HDMI port is not working. This is the first time i have used the laptop so i dont think the port is broken but missing drivers or somthing.

I would appreicate the help very much thank you.

Product name: OMEN by HP Laptop
Product number: Y0V19EA#ABU

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried to hit f4 ? This key allows laptop to send video signals to an external screen.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried to hit f4 ? This key allows laptop to send video signals to an external screen.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.