Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,045 Views)

HID Compliant Touch Screen Driver

Product Name: HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.  My touch screen stopped working. I followed all directions from HP Support.  The HID Compliant Touch Screen Driver was found under Device Manager, Human Interface Devices however, would not allow me to enable.  I then uninstalled it and now I cannot find the driver listed uner HID even when I click on "show hidden devices". I have been researching to find an answer on how to reinstall the HID Compliant Touch Screen Driver but cannot find a clear answwer that I have not already tried.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (1,005 Views)

Re: HID Compliant Touch Screen Driver

Welcome to HP Forums @VMonley,

Thanks for the post, I see you are facing issue with the touchscreen of your computer not working. I will be happy to help. 

Recommend you to boot the PC to BIOS by tapping F10 on startup and touch the screen, the computer should beep. (Make sure that the computer speaker is not muted)

If the computer beeps then the issue is with the driver or software. 

If the computer does not beep when you touch the screen in BIOS, then the issue is a hardware issue and you can contact phone support at www.hp.com/contacthp for service options. 

Also, refer to this touchscreen troubleshooting article for assistance http://hp.care/2fWWi6v

Let me know if this helped or reply for further assistance. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation