Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream 13 Touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So when I first got my laptop about a year ago, it came with Windows 8.1 but I upgraded it to Windows 10 obviously. Now that I have come back to the laptop in need to use the touchscreen feature, it doesn't work? Maybe this is because the HID Compatible Driver for the touch screen is missing? I have tried the windows catalogue, installing drivers again, looking at the hidden devices, refreshing things, resetting the laptop... everything! Any ideas anyone?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Jack208, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the touch screen is not working. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Also, check for any pending windows update. Reboot the computer. 

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again, thanks for the help.

None of these resolutions resolved my issue. Have you any other ideas what I can do to get my touchscreen working again?

HP Recommended

@Jack208

In this case, we will have to perform a system recovery. Follow the steps mentioned in this document - Performing a System Recovery

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Apon installing the software compatible for my device, it sends me through the setup process and then at the end closes and doesn't reopen anything, also doesn't appear to be installed on my laptop?

HP Recommended

@Jack208

Did you perform a system recovery as mentioned in my previous post?

What was the result?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.