Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-e2000 (2J4V9AV)

Hello,

I just wanted to know if the video card of this laptop is upgradable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There aren't any consumer class notebooks made in the last 7 years where you can upgrade either the processor or the graphics adapter.

Always buy the best PC you can afford at the time and be happy with, because all you can usually upgrade is the memory and hard drive/SSD.

Gone are the days when you could buy a bargain notebook PC with weak components and easily upgrade them.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The processor and graphics adapter are integral parts of the motherboard, (not removable) and cannot be upgraded.

HP Recommended

Thank you for answering my question.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There aren't any consumer class notebooks made in the last 7 years where you can upgrade either the processor or the graphics adapter.

Always buy the best PC you can afford at the time and be happy with, because all you can usually upgrade is the memory and hard drive/SSD.

Gone are the days when you could buy a bargain notebook PC with weak components and easily upgrade them.

HP Recommended

The straight answer is no, you can't upgrade a laptops GPU. Even I tried to upgrade it ,but I couldn't.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.