Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Scarlet Red
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Haven't even had this a week and already have a black screen.  When I turn it on, I can hear it turn on and it makes the windows welcome sound, but I can't see anything, just black screen.  Didn't drop it, download anything, have hardly had a chance to use it yet.  Please help!! Don't want to take it back right away, but will if I can't figure this out quickly.  Thanx

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Hemmy426 

Software failures will generate on-screen messages, usually about not finding an Operating System or not being able to boot. When the screen is blank, the PC is experiencing a major hardware failure.
--------------------
To determine the cause with hardware failures, you have to be able run diagnostics. We have no way of accessing your PC from here, so we can not do that for you. You have to do it yourself.

You do this by pressing the Esc key repeatedly when rebooting and then, when the HP Startup Menu appears, selecting Diagnostics (usually F2) and letting it run.

If it is NOT possible to run diagnostics, or if that does not work, then there is NOTHING more you can do by yourself -- and in that case, I would return it as you should not have to go through a lot of grief with a new PC!

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.