Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-af156nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have HP 15-af156nm laptop with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics + AMD Radeon R5 M330 2GB. 

I have the problem when I wanna play some game, the games use my integrated video card, not better AMD Radeon R5 M330. I know for Configure switchable graphics in AMD catalyst but I'm not sure that something is better. Is there any way to solve this problem, to switch to AMD Radeon R5 M330 2GB and use this better graphic card? Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @Gavro – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. This is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.

I understand that you are trying to switch between the graphic cards on your notebook. I found a wonderful document which gives you step by step instructions for the same. Please check http://hp.care/2fRRK3d

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @Gavro – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. This is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.

I understand that you are trying to switch between the graphic cards on your notebook. I found a wonderful document which gives you step by step instructions for the same. Please check http://hp.care/2fRRK3d

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

My computer is in dynamic mode, I add exe of some game in AMD catalyst, I wanna play and I set high performance but I'm not sure that game use better graphic, I check in game options and I still have 1gb of graphic card to use not 2gb from better card. So, I checked and I can't change that in BIOS for my notebook model.  So? Thank you again!

HP Recommended

Hello @Gavro,

Thanks for the update.

I understand it is not choosing the 2gb card, but are you facing any type of performance issues while playing the game? Are you facing any lags or anything as such?

Ideally, the dynamic mode will choose the better option / resource to allocate to the processor as per the need.

So please let me know if this is causing any type of performance issue while playing the game so that I can assist you better.

Thank you!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for reply 🙂

I'm not sure I see some better performance in the game when I'm playing in optimized mode and when I change to high performance mode. If you have some other idea how to use maximum performance of this notebook, that would be very nice. There's no any other idea how to use max. performance of this Radeon R5 M330 graphic? 

HP Recommended

Hello @Gavro,

I think you will be the better judge of your computer performance. From my personal experience, I would suggest you try playing some high-end games to check the graphic card performance.

If there is an issue, the game will lag or stuck while loading the graphics or while playing.

Hope that helps. Thank you!

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.