cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP 15-ba027nl Issue with graphic card R7 m440 - not used by the system or software

HP Recommended
HP - 15-ba027nl (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, 

I am not the first and definitely won't be the last facing the same issue still mark as unsolved EVERYWHERE.

I am an owner of a HP - 15-ba027nl (ENERGY STAR) talking about graphic cards, I do have a switchable system with a AMD R5 Graphics (512 mb) and AMD R7 m440 (2 GB dedicated).

My drivers have been updated not too long ago but even before the updating I was already facing the same issue.

I have used all kinds of short or extended HP built-in diagnostics, but nothing, no problems are recognized.

The system or any software in general cannot use my dedicated video card. The system recognizes my R7 m440 (even if it calls it R7 m340 from the device manager) but in fact it cannot use it in any way.

I have read any guidance on how to use / set switchable graphics cards.

I have reset my computer to factory conditions.

I reinstalled ALL the drivers on the web (HP or AMD sites) compatible with my hardware.

I, like many other users, have paid for a system with a dedicated 2GB video card, but I am only allowed to use only the actual 512mb of my integrated R5.

It is a total injustice and it makes me angry to see all HP employees respond with obvious answers, copy and paste to better check the settings of the switchable video cards.

My device is out of warranty but as these are clearly factory defects that have affected thousands of users who have purchased notebooks of the same series (HP 15 ba ...) I believe that the company must actively do something to fix the situation.

I consider planned obsolence an unpunished crime and I will do everything to have my problem solved.
In fact, I find myself with a mid-range laptop that is unusable from a graphic point of view due to driver / software incompatibility.

Please give me concrete answers, do not copy and paste from other previously published posts as I have already tried everything.

Yours sincerely

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation