Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15s-eq1510sa
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi

i just purchased a hp laptop running windows 10 , as I want to run 2 additional monitors I also purchased a usb-c belkin multimedia doc.

I can get the USB ports and the Ethernet on the dock to work but can’t get the HDMI to work, also finding it very hard to find any resource on either the laptop or the dock:

I think after research that the USB-C port on the laptop is a basic one (doesn’t support native USB-C to  HD display) , can’t find any details on the multimedia port .

couple of questions as am confused with USB-C , with a USB-C (with hdmi) dock would it usually require advanced usb-c features or would it work like a usb 3 device , should I be able to get the dock to work (e.g driver issue) or is it likely to be incompatible. When I plug the hub in , a usb billboard device is added (which I understand relates to USB-C alternative modes). The spec of the belkin hub doesn’t specify a specific type of usb-c

if it’s a driver issue, belkin say that the dock is driver free, the laptop says it’s drivers are up to date, any ideas what to look at  

any help appreciate, even if it’s just confirming the dock isn’t compatible 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ybotc 

Your machine only has

1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate; 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 HDMI 1.4b; 1 AC smart pin; 1 headphone/microphone combo 1 multi-format SD media card reader

Therefore its USB-C port won't give video out naturally even with a dock.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks but don’t quite understand , I have a usb-a to hdmi which works (I assume this effectively has a hdmi display adapter built in) .

with a usb-c dock, how do you know if it’s providing native video out or has an display adapter built in ? Or is this not possible on usb-c

does HP sell a dock for this laptop that provides another display port (trying to setup 2 monitors)

thanks 

HP Recommended

@Ybotc 

Did you read my reply with high line text ?

If you wish to have 2 or more external monitors (and notebook monitor - total 3), please enter your requirement on the following link and it will find for you few USB-A DisplayLink Certified options on market today including some HP products (you can select HP before Search)

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

For example

https://www.displaylink.com/products/find?cat=1&res=1920x1080&num=2&br=5&vid_hdmi=1&usba=1

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.