Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I have HP Omen (HP - 17-an027ng) and I just bought  HP C Dock G5. I'm trying to connect my monitor through dock with Thunderbolt but the monitor keeps saying No Signal. I have another HP Elite notebook and it works like a charm. I have updated the firmware drivers from driver support for HP Omen but sadly nothing worked. Any other idea?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@maisonpiere 

Yesterday I bought an HP USB-C G5 dock. I'm using it right now on my Elitebook 840 G5 machine (I know they are compatible). Everything works as designed (sorry all my 4 monitors are only FHD, not 4K for me to test). It won't charge my machine normally, only 1% over 4 hours, I think when I leave machine does not do anything).

I'm thinking to test the dock on my HP Omen machine which I know they are NOT compatible but just to see what I can get. I turn off my current machine now then connect the dock to my HP Omen to see what I can get.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for replying, I know that its not compatible but under drivers section for my laptop there are drivers for firmware for the dock (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-17-an000-laptop-pc/15551440/model/171044...). Please see the link. I'm trying to use it on 1440p monitor.

HP Recommended

@maisonpiere 

I ran a quick test on my HP Omen machine using following steps:

(a) Turn off my HP Elitebook 840 G5,

(b) Move the USB-C dock G5 to my HP Omen by simply unplug and plug cable of the dock.

(c) Turn on the Omen (on battery),

(d) I've got my external monitors immediately up and a message saying New USB-C dock G5 is installed.

Two monitors: (a) One from Dell using HDMI to DVI cable

(b) One from Asus using DP to HDMI cable

(I've got few HDMI cables around but the dock only has 1 HDMI port therefore I have to use available cables at home).

(e) Looks like the dock won't do anything for power. On my Elitebook, I've got

plug-in.png

But only % info on the Omen, and during my test, % dropped 1%.

I can confirm: external monitors work on the dock with  Thunderbolt™ 3 port on HP Omen machine). They come up immediately.

Now, back to your machine, please go to support site to update software and drivers to wee how we go

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-usb-c-dock-g5/27767205

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Nothing seems to work, what I did is:

1. Update the dock firmware,

2. Update HP Omen Drivers,

3. Remove display drivers and install new one

USB ports, Lan network is working perfectly, only display port is not working

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.