Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2013 Ultraslim Docking Station
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G3 with Core i7. I am trying to get my HP 2013 Ultraslim Docking Station to connect to my HP 27er Monitor with DisplayPort out.  But it won't work. 

Here's what I've tried.

With the monitor I can use the HDMI on the actual laptop fine. I can run game consoles through it fine. I can even run the VGA from docking station to the monitor fine. The only thing I can't get to work consistently is the display port out to the monitor. 

When I first got this set up I couldn't seem to get it to work at all so I gave up. I randomly tried it again and it worked, for the past two months straight in fact. And in the past day it decided not to work again. 
The monitor cannot detect an input. I can't force detect the screen either. I keep trying to update the latest firmware but everything I've tried has been met with this error, "can not find synaptics mst dp hub ic".  I honestly don't even know where to check to see what firmware I'm on, I can't find anything under the drivers.
I saw that other people who had that error just needed to make sure their display was connect through VGA, which mine is when I try the update the firmware. I also have no way to confirm what is ACTUALLY the latest firmware. When I search for the drivers under my computer, that firmware won't update and when I've searched for the latest firmware when searching for the docking station, that won't update either. 

I'm at a total loss here.  Also, any combination of hooking up my computer to the docking station, I've tried. I even made some other adjustments like making sure the computer doesn't go to sleep when the lid is closed.

Any help would be much appreciated. I really need the extra USB plugs for what I do and the VGA display is absolutely awful compared the the DP connection.   

*UPDATE*
I went to the store and got a DP to VGA plus and I was able to successfully update the firmware that way. But it didn't solve my issue. HALP LOL! 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@HALPLOL 

Sounds like the dock is NOT compatible with your machine. It is an old dock actually:

https://dustinweb.azureedge.net/media/481463/2013-ultraslim.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

According to this it is. Also, if it wasn't compatible I don't know why I would ever work in the first place.  Thanks though. 

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/products/monitors/product-detail.html?oid=5422417

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.