Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24es Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two HP 24es monitors.

Their settings are identical (Factory reset) except for "backlight hours" (Monitor 1 = 5153, Monitor 2 = 5830).
1920x1080 6-Hz (current and optimal)
Firmware: RIM232

Monitor 1 works fine.
Monitor 2 has an issue - it's almost like the refresh is wrong. The screen has a constant shimmering/flickering (but not a flashing type of flicker like other know issues I've read on). 
My laptop screen (Asus laptop) is working fine as well. 

My two monitors are connected differently, but I have already switched the connections and the issue remains with Monitor 2 - one connects via HDMI/HDMI through a Docking station, the other connects direct via USB-C/HDMI cable from laptop. 

All  updates have been run for Windows 10 Home v 1909 64-bit.
All driver updates have been run for HP monitors (even uninstalled and reinstalled). 

I apologize, I do NOT know how long this issue has been happening. 

Other graphic / display items:

Intel UHD Graphics 620 (drivers updated)

MCT USB3.0 External Graphics Device (drivers updated)
NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (drivers updated)

Monitor items:
- Generic PnP Monitor (updated)

- HP 24e Display (updated)

- HP 24e Display (updated)

The monitor is tolerable, but I'm not in front of it 8 hours a day straight. When I am (or will be), it will become an issue. So, I'd like to resolve it now before I need to park my butt in front of this visual headache.

I'm open to checking whatever, trying whatever...w

Cheers,

T4H

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI@The4Houses, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please share the model number of your Notebook which will help me in pulling up the details regarding the display flicking issue .

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

My laptop is an Asus UX430UNR

There are two 24es monitors:

1. 24es 1 (Working properly) - this is connected through my docking station - the 5jCreate  JUD481, via HDMI
  2. 24es 2 (not working properly) - this is connected through a USB-C to HDMI adapter cable directly from laptop to monitor. 
    NOTE: I've switched the cables previously to see if it was related to the cable, but when I switch them, no change. Monitor 2, when connected with HDMI from docking station continues to flicker.

All Windows and Driver updates are up to date (I've even uninstalled and reinstalled what I could). The only difference I see (outside of the cables) is the Backlight hours setting, but I don't know how to change that myself. 

Both 24es monitors were fine until recently - unsure what change may have triggered this.

T4H

HP Recommended

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps that should fix the issue.

1. Update the BIOS ASUS ZenBook UX430UA
  2. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant  the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics, drivers 
  3. GEFORCE EXPERIENCE

4. Windows Update.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.