Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I  am working on getting drivers set up for the HP 650 G1 laptop.  I have just about everything set up and working but notice that after I image, I get an error about installing a drive.  Comparing a unit with the OEM install I noticed a couple of differences.  One was that I didn't have the Intel bluetooth 4.0 driver installed.  I can download the files and install them; however, my goal would be to access .inf files to import into Microsoft MDT.  I cannot seem to find these drivers for bluetooth.  Even downloading from Intel's site their driver for "IT Administrators" doesn't seem to give .inf files that can be imported.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: This would be for Win 7 64-bit.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

You just mentioned that you have HP 650 G1 laptop..

according to model they are as follows:

1. HP ProBook 650 G1 Base Model Notebook PC
  2. HP ProBook 650 G1 Notebook PC
  3. HP ProBook 650 G1 Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

Now, if you are bit confused then try following..

go to your device manager and see can you see some devices named " unknows devices"

if yes then >

Try following some steps

go to your device manager > right click on unknown devices > go to  Properties > then Details tag 

select from drop down list called  Hardware ID's (PCI\VEN...) Copy it via right click or Ctrl+v

and search it according to it on google or any serch engine you will get the right drivers..

here are the print shoot of process!

IDS.jpg

Hope it helps!

if still not getting your driver with this then post your hardware id and will try to help!

**Clicking on the Kudos! white star is a nice way to say thank you on any post that helped you or resolved the problem.**
**Selecting "Accept as Solution" for a reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching the web for an answer**
HP Recommended

Thanks,

I actually hadn't searched by hardward ID on this issue in particular, though I'm familiar with the process.  The issue isn't so much that I can't locate a binary installer as that I am having an issue finding the drivers in the .inf format needed for deploying them via MDT.  (Also, I realize I put this in desktops category , which I didn't mean to do, sorry!).  The hardware ID is: usb\vid_8087&pid_07dc&rev_0001

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thx for posting some more information...

Now, you discribed correctly that you need .inf based driver so that it can work with MDT.

Few vendors provide their drivers as INF-based installations on their public websites. To get the INF-based drivers (meaning drivers that come with a *.inf file as well as the *.sys driver files or some other driver extension), 

First do one thing..

Download.. Bluetooth 4.0 Drivers Here..

http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS037200

Then Run the Program in any window.. But Let it extract, "DO NOT INSTALL" 

in extracted folder you can find the autorun.inf file if you need exact .inf file of installer according to os versoin then use any extract tool to extract .exe or .msi files and you will get you .inf

Its simple and worked mostly..

post result if getting errors..

**Clicking on the Kudos! white star is a nice way to say thank you on any post that helped you or resolved the problem.**
**Selecting "Accept as Solution" for a reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching the web for an answer**
HP Recommended

Thanks.  Your solution did give me the .inf files necessary, unfortunately after I image the computer, the bluetooth still shows up as "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" 

The other method I believe I tried was to just install the driver by way of running the executable as an application after deployment.  That ends up with the same behavior: it runs the installation, but the adapter doesn't show up as an Intel Bluetooth adapter.  The only way I've found thus far to get it installed right is to manually run the installation for the drivers after deployment, which is really annoying.

In the grand scheme of things I'm not sure that it will affect the imaged laptops greatly, but it certainly is bugging me.

I still ahve been unable to get WiDi installed either, but that is kind of a separate issue.

HP Recommended

I can confirm I'm having the exact same issue as the OP with the 650 G1.

It's incredibly irritating that we have to run a binary installer manually. I cannot find *.inf files anywhere for this particular hardware, even the intel website does not have them.

The *.inf files do not even exist in the HP driver pack which covers the 650 G1 at http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_Driverpack_Matrix_x64.html

There appears to be *.inf files for other bluetooth adapters in this driver pack but nothing in existence for the intel 4.0 adapter.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.