Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook 15-de0000
Chrome OS

My HP Chromebook touchscreen has suddenly stopped working.  I have done a full reset and powerwash.  Any other ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@BigRed19495,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the touchscreen is not working on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Try resetting the Chromebook to factory settings.

Sign out of your Chromebook.
Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
Click Restart.
In the box that appears, click Reset and sign in with your Google Account.
Note: The account you sign in with after you reset your Chromebook will be the owner account.
Follow the steps that appear.
Once you've reset your Chromebook:
Set up your Chromebook again
Check if the problem is fixed.

If you continue facing the issue, then perform a recovery on the computer follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1080595

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Someone asked this 5 days before you, but it's a dead end.  The person returned it for another.  I did the reset and powerwash multiple times and my HP 15 i5 8250 chromebook touchscreen is also not working.  Mine stopped working after less than a week.

The other post (waste of time) https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Chromebook-touch-screen-not-workin...

HP Recommended

I just purchased an HP15DE0021C just 5 days ago. Yesterday the touchscreen suddenly stopped responding. I have tried all the troubleshooting I read in this previous thread. I also note that the original poster returned the purchased item for a new one. I hope you can provide a complete resolution.

HP Recommended

Resetting the computer to factory settings or a full recovery do not seem to be reasonable answers for a touchscreen not working all of a sudden. This is a terrible way to solve customer problems, with what appears to be, a very common issue. I am now having the same issue and had to reset the computer with absolutely no benefit. The touchscreen is still disfunctional and will not work. I was hoping HP had grown from hardware and software issues, but I see that it this will be a consistent problem with the new computer I just bought. It is unacceptable and we should all make our voices heard on other message boards and social media. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.