Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook model 14-db0050nr
Chrome OS

My touchpad doesn't work.

Let me explain. I got this Chromebook on the 21rst of July 2020, for an early birthday present. This computer is awful. It is a Chromebook, which is already bad, because it cant run any windows software, and it overheats. I can deal with that. My touchpad is finicky. It sometimes works, for like 2 minutes, then I either have to deal with It deleting stuff, jumping around the board, or clicking on stuff I would really prefer not to. I have tried the normal fixes, (Hitting ESC, rapping my keyboard) and I cannot check for dirt without taking it apart. I am 12. I cannot take apart my computer. It was around 800 dollars, and not my money. I am getting a new computer anyway, but is anyone else having the same problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@I-need-help-pls

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Turn your Chromebook off, then back on again.
  2. If your Chromebook still has an issue,

Reset your Chromebook to factory settings 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.