04-10-2017 01:18 AM
the function key on keyboard for reducing and enhancing display is not working.please help
04-10-2017 03:29 AM
In case you are trying to increase the brightness, please check by pressing the f2 and the f3 key.
Else FN + the Function keys.
If this is particularly for the brightness key , please run the test for the keyboard from the f2 diagnostics.
Power off the device and you will need to power on the device.
As soon as the machine powers on, repeatedly tap on F2. This will open a new window. Please select Component test from the list.
From the list that opens, please select a keyboard test. Full layout test.
In case of a failure ID after the completion of the test, contact the support.
If the test passes then :
1. Go to device manager.
2. You will fnd keyboard drivers.
3. Right click the PS2 or the keyboard driver and then click uninstall.
4. Restart the system.
5. From the support site, download the latest BIOS for the model by entering the product number.
***Note :Please do not share any details for the system on the support site.
6. Updating the updates for the HP support assistant and the support applications.
7. Windows update or its pending verification.
8. Update the BIOS and then restart the system.
This should resolve the issues.
Please let me know if this helps.