Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP DV7 hinge by power button is loose.

HP DV 7
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I power up my DV7 laptop but the screen doesn't come on readily. I noticed that the left hinge near the power button is not stable. It appears to be moving rather than pivoting. If I move the screen a bit, it comes on. Any movement of the screen causes it to either flicker or go blank. I connected the laptop to a external monitor and it works okay.

Can someone tell me what might be inside the laptop that would cause this? Is there a switch or contact that tells the system that the laptop is open? I hesitate to try opening the back or to send it out for repair before understanding what I', facing.

This machine also has a tendency to run hot. Is that the norm? Fan seems to be working but I put a cooler underneath just in case.

Anyone out there have experience with this type of problem?

1 REPLY 1
18,408 13,734 288 1,076
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP DV7 hinge by power button is loose.

@EXPLORERRUSS

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation