Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 13-ad173cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I've recently purchased a Certified Refurbished HP Evny 13 UHD with geforce MX150 video card.

The product is superior except for 1 thing. The screen. The display is lovely, color is brilliant but with a closer look, I immediately spot dots of pixel flashing in red and blue and dancing around as I change my distance and angle of view.

With a more overall look from about 30 to 40 cm away, I can see them clearly as a matrix of dots in which dots are arranged perfectly in equal distance with each others (somewhat they form corners of squares).

The thing is, the matrix does not stay still, as I move closer or further from the display I can see the matrix shift left/right from blue to red and back to blue. It's like there are millions of those matrix which each only visible for a certain point/distant of view.

Does anyone have experience with this problem and what is your solution ? Maybe changing the panel is the shortest way but a 4k touch panel would cost me a lot and well, yeah if my budget is big I wouldn't have gone for Refurbished item.

Any help would be very appricieated.

Thank you.

P/s: English is not my native language so please excuse me for my grammar mistake. Thank you.

20190419_071527036_iOS.jpg

20190419_071527036_iOS - Copy.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Valliena,

Does the issue persist on the BIOS page?

Were there any accidental or physical damages to the screen?

If the issue does not persist in BIOS try updating the BIOS and graphics drivers to the latest version.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Update the graphics driver using this link. Click Here

LCD Replacement Criteria

HP uses the following set of criteria when damaged LCDs are submitted for warranty coverage.

NOTE:

All LCD panel defects should be examined at the highest possible resolution using both the brightest and darkest possible backgrounds, as some sub-pixel failures may not be readily visible under certain conditions.

For dots always on or off:

• 720p, HD, SD, SD+, SVGA, VGA, WSVGA, WXGA, and XGA Panels, <1.05M pixels

• 6 or more dots in any combination and any color that are always on or off

• Any 2 dots within 25mm of each other that are always on

• Any 2 dots within 15mm of each other that are always off

• HD+, SXGA+ and WXGA+ Panels, <1.6M pixels

• 7 or more dots in any combination and any color that are always on or off

• FHD, UXGA, and WSXGA+ Panels, <2.1M pixels

• 8 or more dots in any combination and any color that are always on or off

• WUXGA Panels, >=2.1M pixels

• 9 or more dots in any combination and any color that are always on or off

Refer this article to know more information about display issues with the PC. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back. The problem still persists in Bios so I supposed this is a hardware problem.

Unfortunately, my warranty has already expired. I did contact my local HP Service for replacement services (I live in Vietnam, my laptop purchased in the USA) but they refused, claimed that they do not have the part and cannot order one and I will have to send my laptop back to the USA for replacement.

I would like to know 1. How can I get a quotation for replacement service and 2. Is there any way to send the part to me so I can do the replacement locally because the progress of sending back my laptop to the USA is big trouble for me.

HP Recommended

Hi! @Valliena,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Regards

A4Apollo

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.