Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CTBIRDMAN
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY 17m - Face recognition no longer working - unable to find ir camera driver

hp envy 17m
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

my face recognition has been down for a few months.  Only able to get into system using pin.  when looking for solutions, the recommended approach was to delete the ir camera driver and have the system reinstall it. i am unable to find the ir camera driver.  please help.,

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,381 2,193
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY 17m - Face recognition no longer working - unable to find ir camera driver

@CTBIRDMAN,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,

What is the product number of your HP Notebook? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Let's try these steps here: 

Turn off Fast Startup: 

1. Type power options in the Search box, and open Power Options
  2. Select Choose what the power buttons do
  3. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
  4. Uncheck the checkbox next to Fast Startup

Although this option is actually recommended to be enabled, if you use Windows Hello to log in to your system, it’s better to have it disabled. However, if turning the Fast Startup off didn’t get the job done, try some of the solutions listed below.

Reinstall Windows Hello drivers:

1. Go to Search, type device manager, and open Device Manager
  2. Find your Windows Hello driver, right-click on it, and select Remove driver software…
  3. Restart your computer
  4. One the next startup, Windows 10 should automatically detect Windows Hello, and install the latest driver for it
  5. Once Windows 10 installs the driver again, try running Windows Hello to see if the issue is resolved

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform a Windows update:

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest here is to update the Bios, chipset and graphics card drivers on your computer from  HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

For - HP PCs - Troubleshooting Windows Hello Face Recognition

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation