Did you mean: 
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP ENVY 17t-k000 CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) Display not working properly

HP ENVY 17t-k000 CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Greetings!

It's been a while. Our fairly old laptop display has gone on the fritz and we are seeing lines and incomplete images on the screen.

See attached image.

Model number 17t-k000

Part number GOU21AV.IMG_7097.jpgIMG_7095.jpg

Thanks again to all for any suggestions on troubleshooting and recommended HW fixes which this seems to be in need of!

Dani

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,376 42,165 6,722 11,743
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That screen is cracked. I will bet it would put out fine to an external monitor. Screens are not terribly expensive not too hard to replace. Do you need help finding and installing one? 

Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I was able to hook it up to an external monitor and keyboard works fine though the hard drive is full. Weekend clean up on this bad boy. I did find a few videos and will share the correct one later to replace screen

Thanks Huffer!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3nD-17Rzls

This is the video on removal and installation of the screen for my exact model. No audio but this is still pretty good!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation