Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP ENVY 360 has decided that they keyboard should no longer work. It works fine in tablet mode, but not in desktop mode. I have it set so that it should be desktop mode when it starts up, and should not switch. When starting up my computer, I will see the mouse on the screen but be unable to move it or use any command functions on my keyboard. If i touch the screen, it responds and will switch to tablet mode. HELP WHY DOES IT NOT WORK AS A LAPTOP...

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Paige5

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and see that your HP Envy 360 laptop is stuck in Tablet Mode.  

Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Here are some steps that may help you disable Tablet Mode and return to the Normal view:

• Click or tap the Start button
  • Launch the Settings app
  • Click or tap on "System"
  • In the left panel of the screen, scroll down to the bottom until you see "Tablet Mode"
  • Verify that the toggle is set to off. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended
I have this same problem but turning off the toggle doesn't do anything and I've only have this laptop for 3 days and it's been like this for two of those days...
HP Recommended

I ended up having to return mine. The guys at Costco (where I bought the laptop) had no idea why it had happened and didn't know how to fix it.  Since the laptops were sold out, I could'nt return it and get a new one, and since they didn't know how to fix it it was probably for the best so I wouldnt have to deal with a second laptop seizing to function for its intended purpose. 

HP should sort this out.

HP Recommended
Thats just great... Thanks for letting me know... were you a le to get something else?
HP Recommended

I actually did get another HP laptop since Costco had the Pavillion and it doesn't  have the screen flip back the other way when it goes into tablet mode, so it hasn't had any problems and has been working pretty well. I feel like the Envy's have an issue with their sensors.

HP Recommended
Good too know. Thanks!
HP Recommended

that absolutely does nothing. There are several icons and setting avenues to switch out of tablet mode. do you have any other information that might actually be useful other than "did you try the tablet mode to desktop mode button?

$1000 laptaop that's about 4 weeks old, and it can't perform one of the primary marketed functions! ridiculous. 

HP Recommended
I took mine into geek squad and they said the whole key board was out, gone, not responding and they ended up replacing it.
HP Recommended
I'm not sure if this is the same issue. However, I knew nothing was wrong with my laptop because I was just able to use it in both modes, but oddly it got stuck in tablet mode after going to settings and trying to restart and changing the modes over and over etc. I decided to go settings and go to display and thats where I found my problem under Scale and layout Ot was in Portrait vs Landscape. Hope this helps someone
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.