Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15m-ed0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our laptops touchscreen has never worked. I've tried troubleshooting. Hard resets and almost every other troubleshooting step the assistant had to offer. 

For the first few months of owning it I thought maybe it was a feature we needed to learn how to turn on but it's clear now that it has simply never worked from the moment we received it last May. There has been other oddities about this computer such as the curser jumping around wo any actual contact to the device, it has been so bad at times that I have to force the power off just to regain control over the screen again. There's also been moments when wo any contact, the upper left portion of the screen will display these circles as-if someone is physically tapping the screen and leaving a circle at the touchpoint for one second before disappearing and reappearing a second later an inch or two away. It's always in the upper left corner and can go on for a few moments or go on and on until I have to shut down the computer. 

There has also been moments when it appears that someone has taken over my computer. Clicking all over the screen, opening new windows, it has opened up screens showing pages of code. But there is no rhyme or reason for all the malfunctioning, it just appears to be doing only that...malfunctioning. It's not a hacking issue. 

I'm quite frustrated with our purchase at this point as it takes a lot of time I don't have to attempt to fix the issue, just to fail at it. I'm looking forward to getting this problem resolved.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@KLirwin, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you have touchscreen issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Try updating the BIOS and chipset driver on your PC and check if it helps.

1.Updating the BIOS  & Windows updated

You can try updating the drivers using the HP support assistant.

Refer to this article to know more information about Touch Screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.