Level 1
9 3 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP ENVY 360 laptop wont detect external monitor

HP Recommended
HP Envy 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have been using a 3 year old 27" AOC external monitor on my HP laptop. intel i5-3230m CPU @ 2.60GHz processor 8.00G RAM x64 bit, running Windows 10 Home version 2004 OS build 19041.867.  I work remotely on small documents and need the large monitor. My computer (which is a 2013 version) is starting to have issues and i need to swap it out. I have an HP ENVY 360 (from 2018) with 16G RAM and a faster processor which i am trying to use (it also runs the same version of Windows 10 Home version 2004). I have tried to connect my AOC monitor to the new laptop and it is not "detecting" the device.???????   I have unplugged from the old HP and plug into the new HP using the same connection (cable),  I have tried 'detecting' from the display settings,  I have tried to update my driver (i am told that it is the most recent version)  I have tried to roll back the driver, and that option is not available,  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver.....NOTHING WORKS.  I cannot afford to purchase a new monitor. Can anyone help me?????

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation