SCAccountant Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY M6 Touch Screen Stopped Working

HP ENVY m6-n012dx Notebook PC

My touch screen has worked for 3 years now. I have updated from Windows 7 to 8 to 10. Through all the updates, I have had no issues with the touch screen. Now, all of a sudden with no warning signs, the touch screen is GONE! The notebook appears to not be a touch screen when I know it is. I have looked for the driver, and there is nothing there. I am not having any other problems (i.e. touch pad is fine). HELP! I need the touch screen back!

7 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16380 1313 2234
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SCAccountant

Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well :)

As I understand the touchscreen stopped working,
don't worry, though, as I have a few steps that should resolve your concern:

Attempt to run a test using the HP hardware diagnostic tool,

If the Touch screen isn't appearing on the diagnostics,

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer).

If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue

If it doesn't work on BIOS either, it's a hardware failure and you may need to contact HP to set up a hardware repair service.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When rebooting while pushing F10, the touch screen was still not working. I had to maneuver with the arrows up & down. Is there anything else I can try to fix the touch screen? It was working perfectly fine one day, and then it just quit. It never acted up any before that. My computer does updates during the night, so I was hoping that an update with a bug caused it to quit working.

I even tried refreshing my computer. It did not help the touch screen and now my audio does not work. YIKES! Any advice for the touch screen and audio? My laptop came with Beats Audio when I purchased. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8110 482 899
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and if the touchscreen does not work in BIOS then it is most likely a hardware issue. Recommend you to contact our phone support for the service options.

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What about the speaker issue? The speaker icon at the bottom right hand side of the screen has a red X by it. Suggestions on how to fix?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8110 482 899
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, for the speaker issue, recommend you to run the troubleshooter available in control panel and use HP Support Assistant to troubleshoot the issue. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem."

The speakers worked fine until I "refreshed" my laptop while trying to fix the touch screen.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8110 482 899
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, are you able to get audio from headphones? If you able to hear audio on the headphones, disconnect the headphones and do a right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar, select playback devices. 

In playback devices, right-click on the speakers and make it the default device and check. 

If you do not get any audio from headphones as well, open device manager and uninstall the audio driver, restart the computer couple times, run HP Support assistant and update the drivers for audio. 

Keep me posted. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation