Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)

HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j005ea Hinge Problem

Product Name: ENVY TouchSmart 15-j005ea
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I have noticed that my right screw connecting the hinge of my screen and base of the laptop has come loose after a while now. I tried to tighten it but it won't. I read a few articles with people of the same laptop series and it made me think that whether this is a manufacturer's defect or not. 

There is also a piece which, by my guess, has broken off and is now loose inside the body of the keyboard as I can hear it when I move my laptop around. 

Is there a way to get this repaired at a repair centre? Or a better and more precise diagnostic, as I am just basing this on what I have read and my guess as an engineer. Thank you! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2 (81 Views)

Re: HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j005ea Hinge Problem

@vimanyu_b

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation