Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (96 Views)

HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j051nr Notebook PC does not have Advanced Dispaly setting to use projector

Product Name: HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j051nr Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP ENVY TS 15-j051 nr Notebook PC (2014) and would like to hook up a projector via the HDMI port. I need to be able to do presentations. NOTE: Projectors are PLUG-And-PLAY devices that have no drivers. 

I hit F4 for dispay projection and the projection choices do pop up, however, nothing happens if i choose for example : Duplicate or extend....

I did check that the projector works with an old HP PAvilion laptop ( also running Windows 10). It also works with Verizon FiOS cable box.  I checked the HDMI cable, its ok. I can stream videos from the HP ENVY via HDMI to the TV .

I checked that I have all the latest drivers.

After process of elimination, I think this Notebook is not capable to have multi dispays. One of the settings did indicate "single display". I was told you can change that in the BIOS setting. 

So I tried to do that, but it is not one of the choices, dispaly setting is missing.

Here is what SW I have.  

WINDOWS 10 Home ver 1709 (OS 162999.214)

Intel HD Graphics 4600 10.18.15.42.48

NVDIA GeForce GT 7400M 23.21.13.8873

I am looking to the community to see if anyone had that problem and if there is a possible solution.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Message 2 of 2 (71 Views)

Re: HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j051nr Notebook PC does not have Advanced Dispaly setting to use projecto

Hi HMK2777,

I'm not sure if all projectors are plug and play - anyway:

I was going to suggest updating your graphics drivers but it seems that there aren't any available Windows 10 drivers for your laptop. This may be the reason why the HP Pavilion is working but not this - just guessing.

Try adjusting the output resolutions/refresh rate of the computer. 

Otherwise, a model for the monitor would be appreciated.

Regards,

kem579

Hit the Accept as Solution if I solved your problem.
Hit the thumbs up to show thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation