Inari
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j137cl Graphics Driver

HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j137cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Apparently tons of users are having issues with the Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver for all sorts of devices. I'm wondering why there's always an updated driver for Nvidia when my product doesn't even have it? The 4600 driver from both here and Intel both crash, and sometimes I get multiple crashes in sequence. Is there something I'm missing?

8 REPLIES 8
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 403 694
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Inari,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with your HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j137cl Notebook PC. I can help you with that, however I am going to need more information first. Please let me know if you see any error messages from either driver when they crash and if so, what the messages are. Once I know that I will be better able to assist you.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Inari
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is all I get after installing either the latest driver from either the support page or from Intel. Clicking on it does nothing. I get no other information. Applications just cause it to crash sometimes.

Driver Error.png

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 403 694
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Alright, just to narrow something down, can I get a screenshot of the graphics drivers listed in the Device Manager?

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

0 Kudos
Inari
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is this what you mean?

Driver.png

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 403 694
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Alright, you will need to uninstall all of the graphics drivers from your system. As well, uninstall any 'unknown devices' found in the same window. Once done, download and install the latest drivers available by clicking on this link.

Please let me if this resolves your graphics issues.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Inari
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still getting an error. But now its saying driver for Windows 8?

Drive Error 2.png

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 403 694
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Something isn't adding up. After uninstalling everything that error should not appear. I suggest contacting HP Support directly as they may be able to spot or locate an issue that I can not. You can reach them by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom.

Please let me know the results after contacting HP Support directly.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Inari
5 4 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation