Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
jh9 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY Touchscreen M6 Sleekbook touchscreen cracked

Envy TS M6 Sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I opened my Hp Envy Ts m6 sleekbook and the screen cracked. It's got a crack from the top left corner diagonally all the way to the bottom of the screen,  two coming diagonally down from the right side to  the bottom of the screen where it  has several smaller cracks meeting all in the same area  in all directions . My laptop isn't under warranty anymore and I got it in December of 2013 . How can I go about fixing this, Would hp help? I'm not sure how expensive this is to get fixed. Thank you

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
36557 5497 9430
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY Touchscreen M6 Sleekbook touchscreen cracked

We are going to need the full model number to be sure and find the right part and we need to know where you live (country). 

Find Model number:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108

Once you are out of warranty, having HP do major repairs is very costly. With luck, we can find the part and you can do it yourself or you can find a local technician. On a touchscreen, the part is going to be $150 or so, and a technican will charge $80 and up. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation