Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (154 Views)

HP ENVY dv7 Notebook PC broken left hinge and battery issue

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP ENVY dv7 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I have two issues. The first is that my battery stopped charging right after by warranty exprired causing me to be unable to use my laptop unless it is plugged in. The second is that the left hinge is broken, causing my bottom case to come apart. This has also caused an issue with my fan (from a broken piece interfearing?) which causes my laptop to overheat.  This is unacceptable. This laptop was expensive and I depend on it daily to run my business. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (149 Views)

Re: HP ENVY dv7 Notebook PC broken left hinge and battery issue

@Bjsawyer

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (144 Views)

Re: HP ENVY dv7 Notebook PC broken left hinge and battery issue

Thank you. I will look for a message

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation