Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (357 Views)

HP ENVY m6-n010dx touch screen stopped working after Windows update, driver gone

Product Name: HP ENVY m6-n010dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello,

my computer had a Windows update today, and now the touchscreen (which was fully functional before the update) is not working.  it is not the screen, as this happened once before to me and I did a system restore to fix it.  I tried a system restor this time, didn't work.  I looked in the Device Manager, and there IS NO DRIVER for my touchscreen.  how do I reinstall, it is NOT listed in the driver list on the HP website for my product.  help!

Ivan

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 6 (311 Views)

Re: HP ENVY m6-n010dx touch screen stopped working after Windows update, driver gone

@BlackmoreX,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service!

As I understand the TouchScreen isn't working after you installed the windows updates, here's what you need to do:

Download and install the latest graphics card drivers: Click here to download

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please use the system restore to revert to a previous date the computer had been working fine:

1. In Windows, search for restore , and then open Create a restore point from the results list.

2. Click System Restore .
    The System Restore window opens.

3. Click Next .

4. Click the restore point that you want to use, then click Next .

The window to confirm your restore point opens.

5. Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

6. Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. This can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.

7. System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Let me know how that goes!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (291 Views)

Re: HP ENVY m6-n010dx touch screen stopped working after Windows update, driver gone

hello,

no, this solution did NOT work.  as I stated in my original post, I ALREADY tried a system restore, and that did not solve the problem.  My HID driver is NO LONGER PRESENT in my Device Manager.  

BEFORE, when my Touch Screen WAS WORKING, I had the following HID drivers in my Device Manager:

HID-compliant touch screen

HID-compliant vendor-defined device

HID-compliant wireless radio controls

HP Wireless Button Driver

Microsoft Input Configuration Device

USB Input Device

AFTER the update, now my Touch Screen no longer works, here are the HID drivers in my Device Manager :

HID-compliant wireless radio controls

HP Wireless Button Driver

PLEASE NOTE that the HID driver for Touchscreen is no longer there.

ALSO NOTE that it is not showing up even when I select "Show Hidden."  It is GONE.

IS THERE NOWHERE to go to download this driver?  I have the most up-to-date drivers installed, all Windows updates are curent as well as my BIOS.  

What I need is the HID driver for touchscreen.  WHERE can I go to get this BACK on my computer??

Please help!!

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6 (269 Views)

@BlackmoreX,

Thank you for replying!

I understand you've attempted the system restore and it didn't work nor does the driver for the touchscreen show up, here's what I suggest you do:

Since the issue occurred after the windows upgrade, you might want to either use the HP Support assistant or click here to visit the Official HP website to download the drivers for your touchscreen.

Please reply with your product number, if you can't find the drivers using the above options and I could help you with the same.

Keep me posted and I hope you have a good day head!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (262 Views)

Hello,

I have gone to the HP site, and there are no additional drivers for HID touch screen that it will let me download.  

My computer info is:

HP Envy m6-n010dx Notebook PC (Energy Star)

Model# G3R12UA

Product ID:  00326-10000-00000-AA053

Please find an answer for me.  I need the HID touch screen driver.  

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6 (258 Views)

@BlackmoreX,

Thank you for getting back to me with the product info,

I confirmed with my tools and couldn't find the drivers for your particular computer, however, I recommend checking for the hidden drivers in the device manager and delete any driver available for the Touchscreen, so that it may automatically re-initiate a fresh installation, please follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows + X key on the keyboard

2. Click on Command Prompt (Run as admin).

3. At the command prompt, type in set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and press Enter. (Note that nothing seems to happen. This is expected. You are actually setting an environment variable which is going to help you to see hidden devices.)

4. On the next command prompt line, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. This will launch the Windows Device Manager Console.

5. In the Device Manager Console, from the View menu, select Show Hidden Devices.

6. right-click and delete the touchscreen driver and restart the computer to have windows automatically reinstall the drivers.

If this doesn't work, please attempt a hardware test using the link: click here

If the test passed, you may need to attempt a system restore followed by a system recovery, however, if the test failed - you will need to contact HP phone support for a free repair (if your computer is covered within the HP warranty).

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation