Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15-ed1000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have  a new HP ENVY x360 15-ed1000 (tiger lake) and a new HP USB-C Dock G5 5TW10UT.  I have the USB-C setting in the BIOS set to high resolution enabled.  According to the Dock Solutions documentation this configuration should support dual 4k displays at 60Hz.  However the maximum I can achieve with both connected via displayport is one at 4k60 and the other at 1080p60.  Using one displayport and one HDMI I am able to achieve 4k@60  and 4k@50  which I don't understand looking at the specifications.

How can I achieve dual 4k displays at 60Hz with this hardware configuration?

Also with the USB-C setting in the bios set to high resolution disabled, the maximum resolution I am able to achieve with a single display port monitor is 2560 x 1440, which does not match the specifications.

How can I achieve 4k 60Hz resolution with a single display with USB-C high resolution setting disabled?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@miahmiah 

Looks like you can only get 1 for 4K and 1 for FHD for your machine with . But please check again the table on page 5 of the following document and tweak around:

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Page 5 of the document you linked clearly states with a Display Port 1.4 Host in High Res mode DP Alt Mode I should get dual 4k@60 (Table "Dual Displays", row 4). 

The product page for my laptop says the port is:

1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 10Gbps signaling rate (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge)

Is there some part of my understanding that is incorrect?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.