Hello, I just purchased this item today at Sam's Club, got it home and unboxed it. Turned it on and the keyboard is very unevenly backlit. The keys on the left side are nice and bright while the right hand side (not ncluding the numeric keypad which is also bright) is dark. Seems the etching of the letters on the right side is poor and doesn't let the backlight to pass through. This model is apparently so new that it is not available through Chat yet. Please direct me on how to contact customer support for this model or this PC will be going right back to the store.
Welcome to the HP Forums :)
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
As I understand a part of the keyboard backlit is very dim due to the dark/wide letters,
Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help:
The proximity sensor uses Proximity Sensor Control software to change the keyboard lighting behavior. If you are not satisfied with the way the proximity sensor is responding, try adjusting these settings to suit your needs:
- To open the Proximity Sensor Control software click Start, All Programs, HP Proximity Sensor, HP and select HP Proximity Sensor.
- Click the Sensitivity (Range) button to select either Maximum or Minimum range. Selecting Maximum will cause the keyboard to illuminate more often than the Minimum setting as the proximity sensor will be more sensitive.
- Click the Delay until off button and select one of the following delay times:
- 10 Second(s)
- 1 Minute(s)
- 3 Minute(s)
- The time you select is the time it takes for the keyboard illumination to turn off when not in use.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK to return to the Windows desktop.
For more details: Click here
For shortcuts and information about turning a Backlit Keyboard On or Off: Click here
If you still wish to contact HP: Click here for details.
Let me know how that pans out,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee