Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (721 Views)

HP ENVY x360 screen glitch

Product Name: HP Envy x360

Hi, I've been having an issue with my recently purchased HP ENVY x360. The screen will often display small animated bubbles at the top of the screen and they will begin to flicker uncontrollably unitl I restart my computer. PLEASE HELP!

Retired
Message 2 of 3 (699 Views)

Re: HP ENVY x360 screen glitch

[ Edited ]

Hi @ErikO,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your specific model of Envy x360? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? It is important to include your specific model of notebook and your operating system. What operating system are you running?

I understand that you recently purchased your Envy x360 and often the display will have small animated bubbles at the top of the screen that flickers uncontrollably until you restart your notebook.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you run the Windows troubleshooter?

Have you run the HP Support Assistant?

If you connect an external display does it work correctly?

This link may also help. HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting a Notebook LCD Panel Issue (Windows 10, 8, 7). If you determine it is the display, as it is a recent purchase, please contact HP Support for further assistance. Contact HP Support .

Please let me know the outcome.

If this helped you resolve the issue, would you please choose Accepted Solution" on this post., to help alert others to your success and perhaps help them also. To show appreciation for my response, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (679 Views)

Re: HP ENVY x360 screen glitch

I have the same issue with my MacBook Pro.  I am using a HDMI cable to displayport (HP ProDisplay P232), but the monitor never sees a signal from my MAC.  I ahve tried 3 different brand of cables and checked it out on two HP monitors.

I went to Apple and the genius there told me that HDMI to Displayport cannot work ever.  So, why are there cables?

This was very frustrating.... the minidisplayport (thunderbolt) to displayport interface works great.  I have a dock and if the HDMI port worked, I could connect my macbook to the doc with only one cable.

HP engineers - what is your take on HDMI to displayport?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation