Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Elite 90W Thunderbolt 3 Dock
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been using this dock with my HP ZBook 15U G5 Mobile Workstation (laptop) for over a year without any issue.  Yesterday I installed the latest Bios update followed by the latest windows 10 update, and it suddenly stopped working at all.

When I plug it into the laptop I get the usual chime telling me it has been plugged in, but none of the devices connected to it work (monitors, mouse, keyboard etc).

I have tried installing the latest version of the firmware and software from HP, but it gets to the point where it needs the dock to be connected and says to plug it in to proceed.  The problem is it is plugged in.  I can unplug and replug and that makes no difference.  So I can't even install the latest software and drivers.

For some reason, the windows update did not create a restore point, so I can't go back. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It's been weeks and I have had no luck getting this working and no response here.  Your support line is only open while I am at work, so how am I supposed to get this working?

HP Recommended

So basically, when I plug it into the laptop or unplug I get an alert sound, so something is detected.

However, I tried removing and reinstalling the firmware and the installation process attempts to detect the dock and can't even though it is turned on and plugged in.

Prior to uninstalling, none of the ports were working.  Windows couldn't detect the monitors or USB devices. Nothing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.