Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Using EliteDisplay E241i monitors.

Monitors are connected with DP cables. No adapters.

1) Testing - Will report back.

2) Testing - Will report back.

3) Yes, I have another user with the exact same setup, and also having issues. Also just started happening in the last 1.5-2.5 weeks.

HP Recommended

The problem is only occuring when using dual monitors.

I tried using a single monitor (monitor A) and could not reproduce.

I tried using a single monitor (monitor B) and could not reproduce.

I Used dual monitors and Monitor A was using VGA, Monitor B using display port, I reproduced the problem.

I used dual monitors and Monitor A was using display port, Monitor B was using VGA, I reproduced the problem.

So it appears the issue is sleep and dual monitors.

HP Recommended

Ok.  

Do you have any other DP monitors that you can use? 

I am trying to see if there is a issue with the E241i monitor when used in a dual monitor mode with the Ultraslim dock.

Do you have any other HP notebooks other than the 1040 G3 that you can use with the Dock?  Trying to see if this is isolated to the 1040 G3.

I am running out of troubleshootings ideas.

I believe you should contact HP Technical Support so they can do some further testing.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

I am not giving up on your issue but I believe the "offical" HP Techical Support team should now get involved and not just this volunter forum.

I will continue to see if I can find an answer to your issue.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
HP Recommended

I'm also having these issues... has this been resolved?

I've updated to the latest firmware on both the laptop & docking station.  I have two monitors hooked up, 3 including the laptop display.

Whenever my PC turns the displays off (15 minute timeout)  and I come back, 50% of the time, the displays don't turn back on from sleep.  I've gotten used to just turning the monitors off and back on several times, until the laptop recognizes they're there, and displays properly.... the unfortunate thing about doing this is that all my open windows are now crammed onto the laptop display... and I have to sit for 5 minutes moving the 30-40 windows back to where I want them.

I'm pretty close to just throwing in the towel after 3 months with this laptop, and going with a different brand... never had this issue before in my life.

HP Recommended

I strongly encourage you to engage with HP Technical Support.  They have experiance with numerous DP Monitors and configurations.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.