Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just got an HP elitebook 2760p.   Everything works well...except that I cannot seem to get the touchscreen to work.   Whether the screen is up (like a regular laptop), or flipped down (like a tablet), it does not respond to fingers or to the pen that comes with the computer.  I have tried using the touch screen while using internet explorer, while using the "desktop" of windows 7, and also while booting up the computer with it flipped like a tablet.

There is probably a very simple answer...and once I get it, I'll feel like a beef mind, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.   The computer did not come with a manual, but I looked up on the online manual and there is no information on "how to use the touch screen"

Is there something that I must "turn on" in Windows 7, or a switch somewhere on the side of the computer which I need to flip to use the touch screen?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

my 2760p elitebook did not work also, now it works. what i did was:

1. re-install windows from hp windows 7 dvd recovery disc

2. install all hp drivers from hp software and drivers dvd recovery disc

3. update windows

4. use softpaq.exe to update drivers and softwares (careful, some softpaq might need manual installations) 

but i still have 1 problem maybe it is a bug i haven't go to service center yet, my touch screen stop working when i do this:

1. (power off) remove batery

2. (power on) using power cord

3. (shutdown windows / power off) insert batery

4. (start windows / poer on) touch screen stop working

my stupid solution:

1. (while touch screen stop working) shutdown windows / power off

2. start windows (touch screen will works again)

HP Recommended
I need help I don't know how to use the touch screen what do I need to do...
HP Recommended

Hello GeeJohnsonlady,

Your EliteBook is a Business model.  Your issue would be best answered on the HP Enterprise Business Community Forum

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Hiya, 

I've had my Elitebook 2760p for a while now and I've had an ongoing issue right from the start. The touch screen works with finger but the styllus has always been tempermental. It's now not been working for a few weeks and it's driving me mad! I've called HP helplines but they've been very unhelpful. Is there anything you can suggest?

Kind regards,

Bis

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.