Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G1 lost touchscreen when BIOS upgraded

HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touchscreen was working properly on my my Elitebook Revolve 810 G1. I had to upgrade the BIOS to get a virtual machine working properly. After upgrading to BIOS F.73 Rev A, the touchscreen immediately stopped responding. I know it isn't Windows drivers because the touchscreen doesn't work in the BIOS system setup. I know it's not a hardware issue because the touchscreen worked perfectly until the BIOS upgrade and immediately stopped working. I cannot test the touchscreen because there is not option in the diagnostics menu for the touchscreen. I cannot enable the touchscreen in BIOS because there is no entry for the touchscreen. BIOS F.73 Rev A has a bug in it - it doesn't support touchscreens, but that's the version listed for my laptop. I cannot roll back the BIOS - the BIOS downloads will not install if they are an older version than what's on the system. I'm completely at a loss as to what to do. I did not make a backup when I upgraded the BIOS. Anyone have any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation