Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook X360 G2 1030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I turn the screen 360 o the tablet mode doesn´t turn on automatically and the keyboard doesn´t turn off.

How can this be fixed? As it is now, it´s useless.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

My Elitebook X360 1030 G2's screen can't automatically rotate when in tablet mode and I have been in contact with HP support regarding this.

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem, has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

HP Recommended

Same problem on my brand new Elitebook. I was on the phone with support last night for about an hour and was told that this is a known issue. We got nowhere and the support person promised a follow-up email message today call after they had a chance to look into it further. Now awaiting the promised follow-up message.

HP Recommended

I got mine fixed by installin (reinstalling) Intel Sensor Hub Components Driversystem software Manager Icon 3.0.30.1119 Rev.A 17.8 MB Dec 9, 2016 . Its under chipset. Im pretty sure i tried it before but this time its fixed.

HP Recommended

I've tried this a couple of times without much luck, has it worked for anyone else?

HP Recommended

Not for me either. Just tried it again this morning. Very frustrating & HP support doesn't seem to be able to do anything about it.

HP Recommended

I think i know how i got it fixed. There are lots of similar forum posts for other manufacturers of similar devices. One such noted that windows media feature pack is not installed by default on EU machines (windows version N) and that there are drivers that require it to be there. There is another area where it is not installed (windows version NK) by default but i dont know what it is. I installed that pack, restarted and reinstalled the Intel Sensor Hub Components Driver. After that i restarted and it started working.

Another thing i found out was that this laptop behaves more like a tablet or a phone when it comes to closing the lid. It goes to sleep and something like deep sleep but not fully shut down. So if you recharge it when needed and dont manually restart the laptop might not install windows updates and changes such as installing drivers or changing registry might not apply.

Also check for the more basic problems you might have.

1)Rotate the screen and see in the notification area if you screen rotation lock is on or not. It should be off for the screen to rotate :).

2) Go to display options by pressing the win key and typing "display settings" and check if rotation is allowed or not.

3) If still no dice then check if the registry is set right. Press win key and type "regedit" (requires admin rights). On the left explore to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation". I have there Enable = 0, LastOrientation = 0, SensorPresent = 1, SlateEnable = 1.

Also update your windows and there are alot of rather fresh drivers on hp support site for this machine.

Theres a pretty big list of things to try here. I would not recommend doing anything with bios and also make a restore point on your machine before going too deep with them. Also remember to restart between each try.

Try to pin down what works for you and verify if my guess with the  installing of windows feature pack is the real issue at work here. I tried most of the things listed and now my rotation works properly.

HP Recommended

After a couple more calls to HP support, they came through and a technician provided the info that fixed my machine. It involved a BIOS setting that didn't seem pertinent to this problem, but after making the change everything is ok. The screen now rotates as it should when in tent or table mode. Here's what we did:

During startup, keep hitting F10 to enter BIOS/UEFI

Click the Advanced tab

Select Remote Management Options

Make sure box is checked for "Active Management (AMT)"

Return to BIOS' main screen

Click on "Save Changes and Exit"

We did also revert the settings back to factory and let Windows update as necessary. As I had gone through & made all the updates prior to the BIOS change, I'm pretty confident that it was the adjustment in to the BIOS that made the difference.

HP Recommended

What version BIOS do you have? I have this same problem with autorotation and tablet mode but in my BIOS i don't see option about AMT.

By this problem i don't sleep for several nights. I try everything - reinstall driver, reinstall Windows (diffrent clear version and original HP from RECOVERY) and nothing. I think that my HP is broken but now I hope that may be is BIOS settings.

PS. Sorry for my English.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.