Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Notebook Model 13 - Product ID  1Z830UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Envy  Notebook Model 13 

Product ID  1Z830UA#ABA

On power on,  screen is blank. 

Power Light is on. 

When an external monitor is connected ,  exernal montior screen is blank.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jrvis_laptop
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

No  hardware/software changes.  

It was intermittently display no hard disk found and a sad face  and my daughter would power it off by long-pressing the power button and wait for a while after which it would boot normally.

I tried the hard-reset solution that was suggested and still no result.

HP Recommended

@jrvis_laptop

This sounds like hardware related issue with the computer as it's not powering on. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/ Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The warranty has expired. The issues started right after 1 year. Paid $800 for this laptop. It sucks

HP Recommended

@jrvis_laptop

I understand your concerns and frustration

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thak you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.