Since installing a windows update approx 4 weeks ago, my webcam has not been functioning correctly.
- Webcam INTERMITTENTLY cannot be found. Intermittently disappears from device manager and Camera app shows error code 0xA00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>
- Webcam CONSISTENTLY not found.
Fixes I have attempted:
- When the webcam showed up in Device Manager > Show Hidden Devices, attempted to update drivers (no updated drivers found). Now it doesn't appear at all.
- Confirmed that the kill switch on the side of the laptop is not activated, i.e. the camera is ON.
- Updated BIOS to F13
- Did a full reset of this version of windows
I have run out of things to try. Current status is that in Device Manager, there is NO webcam appearing, even when 'show hidden devices' is checked. It doesn't appear to be showing in any other category, even in Other devices (there is something there called IBtUsdb_Filter_00 but I don't think this is the webcam?)
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".